DENTAL IMPLANTS: AN ADVANCED, BEAUTIFUL SOLUTION FOR CONFIDENT LIVING.
The Choice That Feels Right Bridge Vs Dental Implant
You're probably very familiar with the bridge, but you may not know everything. A dental implant is a strong alternative. Dental implants can improve your appearance, self-confidence, and give you new peace of mind. They look and feel similar to natural teeth, and the securely attached implant can give you the confidence of eating what you like, speaking easily and clearly, and a new sense of security. Remember, this is a choice that will affect you every day. So choose what feels right for you. Ask your dentist about choosing dental implants for you.
These remaining two sides require dental floss or tiny inter-dental brushes that can reach in-between and under the contact points of the teeth. Gum disease is linked to life- threatening illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and premature low birth weight babies.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a safe, medically proven, aesthetic alternative to traditional crowns, bridgework, and dentures. Because implant restorations look and feel more like natural teeth, they offer new levels of comfort, security and confidence over traditional treatments.
How do they work?
A dental implant is a small 'anchor' made of titanium that is inserted into the jawbone to take the place of your missing tooth root After osseointegration (when the surrounding bone has healed to the implant), a replacement tooth is secured to the top of the implant. This new tooth looks, feels and performs similar to your natural teeth.
A brief history of dental implants
Titanium dental implants have been placed extensively since the 1970s. Titanium offers the benefit of being lightweight and strong, and is not rejected by the body (biocompatible). It is the most widely used metal in orthopedic joint replacement and dental implants. Dental implants have the highest success rate of any implanted surgical device.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
An implanted-supported crown is far superior to a traditional tooth-supported dental bridge:
- Adjacent natural teeth are preserved — not destroyed
- A dental implant looks, feels and functions like a natural tooth
- Dental implants are designed to remain aesthetically pleasing for a lifetime
- Dental implants virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration)
- Cleaning is easier and more hygienic Oral care same as a natural tooth
- Implants do not decay and you will never need a root canal
- Restores self-confidence and appearance, Restores a more secure biting ability than a removable denture
- An implant may be used to replace almost any missing tooth, provided there is adequate bone at the site. If not, modern procedures can usually be performed to regenerate enough bone to safely place an implant.
- Dental implants are permanent — no need to deal with messy adhesives or cleaning solutions
What is prosthodontic dentistry?
Prosthodontic dentistry includes clinical training in dental implants, cosmetics, crowns, bridges, laminates, complete and removable partial dentures. TMD-jaw joint problems, traumatic injuries to the mouth's structures, congenital or birth anomalies to teeth, full mouth rehabilitations and oral cancer reconstruction and continuing care.
Who is a prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in the aesthetic restoration and replacement of teeth and body parts. Prosthodontists receive three years of additional training after graduation, and restore optimum appearance and function to your smile. A prosthodontist is dedicated to the highest standards of care in the restoration and replacement of teeth.
Who is a candidate?
Dental implants can be placed in most adults who are in good to moderate health. Every patient is different and patient results may vary. Only a clinician trained in dental implants can determine the best treatment plan for you. Please ask your doctor to explain the benefits and risks to see if tooth replacement with implants is right for you.